Earn college credits for free and experience our community
Northwestern offers On-campus PSEO for those students who are 15 years of age and older, and are interested in face-to-face learning. Located on Lake Johanna in the suburban Roseville/Arden Hills area, Northwestern has a scenic lake view but is only ten minutes from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Every new On-campus PSEO student will be paired up with a student mentor their first semester on campus. This mentor will come alongside the PSEO student for a smooth transition into the Northwestern community and provide an instant contact.
With the on-campus commuting option, you'll join around 1,800 traditional undergraduate students who benefit from small classes, a strong sense of community, and meaningful interaction with professors in and out of the classroom.
On-campus PSEO students are now also eligible to live in dorms at Northwestern. While many students in the On-campus PSEO program choose to commute, seniors who are 17 at the beginning of courses may live in dorms alongside traditional UNW students. Students in the residential On-campus PSEO program are responsible to pay for room and board. Additionally, Residential PSEO students get to experience UNW community in our daily chapel services, and have the same chapel requirements as traditional students."
On-campus PSEO Qualifications
- High school GPA of at least 3.3
- Meet one of our standardized testing requirements:
- ACT, PLAN, or PreACT score of at least 22
- Aspire score of at least 434
- SAT or PSAT of at least 1090
- No other tests accepted
- Demonstrate excellent "fit" with Northwestern community as determined by essay and an interview with the Admission Committee
- Junior or senior in high school
- At least 15 years of age at the time of enrollment
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 on-campus credits at UNW (once admitted into the program)